Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Raw Food and winter chill

As I have switched to a vegan diet I have read and am reading a wide variety of books for vegetarians and vegetarian athletes. One of the ideas that pops up is Raw Food. It makes good sense to me- I am not sure I can do it completely but I never thought I could go vegan either.
Now that the beauty and joy of the winter cold is upon us I wonder what it might be like to eat a raw prepared Pad Thai or soup as compared to the 4 bean, corn and tempeh veggie chili I am making for the Super Bowl and serve with a pesto roasted parsnips and potatoes..
Time will tell and it will be fun to see how it all works out.

Found this fun blog and enjoyed it. http://athenadiaries.blogspot.com/ Fun stuff from a like minded athlete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,
I don't really know how this blogging site works. I'm raw vegan and I love running. Anyway, I would like to add you as a friend or add your website to mywebsite as one of my favorite websites. Well, can you tell me how..okay well ttyl.

Anonymous said...

I figured it out...thanks.

Kristen's Raw said...

My whole physical fitness routine improved dramatically when I went from vegan to high Raw vegan. Just take it day by day, add more Raw foods when you can and feel the difference.

Cheers!
Kristen's Raw