Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Trail Mix -- From the store or the Bulk Bins?

I have been a fan of trail mixes for years but have recently found a couple of great "parts" for a mix in the bulk bins of 2 local health food stores. I started by adding the goodies (soynuts were one) to prepacked mixes and then made my own.
The best mix I have made so far has been : raw peanuts. cashews, dried blueberries/cherries/ bananas/papaya/apricots, almonds, sunflower seeds, unsalted soynuts, coconut.

Have added sesame sticks, wasabi peas and a few salted items as well.

Makes it fun to eat and it is a little different each time.

I have also done the same with cereal mix- Made Marty's Muesli( with oats, groats or other whole grains and added dried fruits nuts.... Then eat for snack with soy milk or of course at breakfast. Great if soak a bowlful over night with soymilk then eat cold or hit it in then microwave then eat.

No comments: