Monday, April 9, 2007

Restaurants and vegan Athletes

I have had a few recent challenges when going out to eat. When I have the opportunity to make the restaurant decisions I can do OK in food options but when I am a guest I have to look carefully and ask questions- sadly many places have employees that have no idea what is in the foods.
I have often had an old reliable piece of fruit or Optimum bar in the car or just ate the salad after making sure it had no cheese. bacon bits or egg in it.

In fact i am doing a 3-4 cleanse to take care of any sneaky eggs or dairy in recent restaurant choices. My workouts have taken a hit lately as the marathon approaches and we are in the last stages of preparation. To the gym tonight for a quickie to deal with the stress and pressure that is building up as we are under 2 weeks.

1 comment:

KleoPatra said...

Wishing you well on the marathon! I understand the frustration of eating out... do i ever!