Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Food Combining and health

Food Combining and digestion have come to my attention again. Now that many of my meals are raw fruit/veggies I "tripped" over a book on how to eat to aid digestion and of course health.
My switch to vegan diet was made for health and fitness reasons so I want to do the best I can.

The basics as I see(from 3 different books and some web info):
1) Chew completely when eating solid foods{ I even "chew" smoothies and juices}
2) eat most liquid items first - juices, soups, broths
3) Higher water content items next (leafy greens, veggies , fruit) Combos of these matter as well.
4) Eat in a peaceful manner and environment ( not in car or at desk) no TV and calm music
5) Solid foods and heavier proteins later

These make sense and I have been experimenting and so far so good. No major changes in energy but have noticed some digestive changes -feelings and elimination. Improvements.\

More trials and experiments.

No comments: