Saturday, September 8, 2012

Keeping the Knees Supple

All of the pain and trouble I have had with my knees has helped me learn a bunch of stuff about myself, my body and athletes in general. The FIRST is that I have to go out and work my body to keep it functioning- resting the damaged joints is often bad for them. Now I don't go crazy but I go regularly. I also rest and ice them when they are BAD. I am talking about TOO MUCH rest. SECOND is the value of diet. I mean this 2 ways- keeping bodyweight is good zone and the fuel that I put into my body. If I eat crap ( salty, sugary, bad fatty or processed,....) I feel it even if just a little in the midst of a good eating day. I eat raw fruits and veggies as well as many vegetarian meals. Being Vegan I have the opportunity to eat bad Veg or Good Veg or Great Veg.... I need to live in the great Veg zone more. The real value of shoes and treating my feet. if I take care of my feet and wear the best I will feel it and know it all the way up my legs. The biggest concern for shoes is not the type- nearly 100% of the shoe companies are full of baloney in what they sell and talk about- Number one concern is proper fit and flexibility. I now am prepping for the Charlottesville Fall Classic Half Marathon 9 www.badtothebone.biz) Not as a runner but as a Director; such a race is a 20-24 hour endeavor for us, but it is a lot of fun. .

4 comments:

Andy said...

i like go vegetarian

Four said...

good i like nice post...i like green

Arti said...

tHANKS FOR INFO

Definisi said...

Thanks for sharing