Thursday, June 19, 2008

Green Smoothies - Power , Fuel and Fun to Drink

I have been making and drinking Green Smoothies for the last few months. I read Victoria Boutenko's book, Greens for Life and was interested in the information she had there and I looked some up (did a little research) and am amazed at the nutritional value in greens, veggies and fruits that we miss by chewing as humans and not chewing the cud as cows do.

I experimented with some blends and have enjoyed them all but haven't fully incorporated it into my life yet. I plan to get a better blender ( BlendTec or Vitamix) soon but have to wear out the Oster I have now. Might jump sooner to get a better tool.
I have seen a change in my body and digestion when I drink smoothies for several days. If I stay disciplined and eat properly the rest of the day I really see the benefits.

Anyone else drink smoothies or smoothies and juice?

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

I love green smoothies... have one almost every day. I love adding cinnamon and nutmeg to them.

I have both the Blendtec and the Vitamix. I prefer the Blendtec...I just always go to use my Blendtec first. It's easier to clean, easy to use, powerful, and fits on top of counter (and under cupboard) because it's not as high as the Vitamix.

They're both excellent, but the Blendtec is more user friendly in my opinion.

Cheers!